Like this story -

June 1, 2011

Everyone is entitled to their opinion: Rahman

It's a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion," says A R Rahman, when asked about the latest controversy about the Oscars being 'bought'. 
 


On the films front, the composer is busy composing the music for Superstar Rajinikanth's "Rana". "I have completed three songs in the film. The title song 'Enge Poguthe Vaanam, Ange Pogirom Naam...' is sung by S P Balasubramaniam. I will resume work on the album soon after the ailing Superstar returns hale and hearty from Singapore. I recently met him at the hospital in Chennai and had a brief chat with him. Rajinikanth has had a major influence on my life and I am a huge fan of his. I wish him a speedy recovery," says Rahman.

The musician has also completed work on Ranbir Kapoor's "Rockstar". "The soundtrack is ready. The film might not be based on rock music, but it's about the experiences of a man and elements that change his life, with rock in the backdrop. Ranbir used to frequent the studio and keenly observe me while I was composing the music. Besides, I have also signed another project with Yash Raj."

And that's not all. The musical genius has just turned a rockstar! He has expanded his horizons by collaborating with Mick Jagger for an album called Superheavy. " Dave Stewart, Mick and I did a lot of sessions together in Los Angeles and completed the album 18 months ago. The soundtrack is quite interesting with a medley of rock, soul, Hindi and Jamaican songs, with a Rahman flavour," he says.

Meanwhile, ARR is delighted that his nephew, composer G V Prakash Kumar, who belted out some pulsating music for the National Award-winning film "Aadukalam", is making waves in Kollywood. "He has put in a lot of hard work to reach where he is today. I'm proud of him," says Rahman. Now that his son Ameen has sung for "Couples Retreat" and his daughter Khatija for "Endhiran", will his children follow his footsteps? "They are learning music, but I don't want to force anything on them. Let them pursue their passion," replies Rahman. And will his wife Saira, who is his designer, turn singer too? "No," says the musician and adds, "She doesn't know music."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More